Friday, March 1, 2013

Kidney Pain

Since I had my surgery in August 2012 I have had a lot of kidney pain.  I was hospitalized 3 times with this.  Two of the times I had infection and one time severe kidney pain.  The doctor said that I have a swollen kidney.  I get that but when it gets so painful and I have no fever and it is night time (NO I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE ER) there is no doctor that will call in pain meds. I guess now I need to get a kidney doctor.  My kidney is hurting right now but I would rather hurt at home than sitting in an ER for hours and hours and hours.  The last time it was 4 hours.  It is always 3 to 4 hours every time. 

Any way I just want to update everyone on what I am dealing with now.  I am drinking so much water that I am keeping my night drainage bag attached.  I seem to have a lot of mucus lately.  I guess that even though I have a Urostomy that the piece of intestine that was use for my stoma is producing a lot of mucus.  I am in sooooo much pain right now.  Kidney pain can be intense.  Most people don't have this problem after surgery.  I guess that I am just one of the lucky ones. haha!!!! It is almost 2:00 in the morning so I need to go deal with this pain and see if I can possibly get some sleep.  I am praying for all of you dealing with an Ostomy and those who are debating getting one.  I AM AN OFFICIAL "BAG LADY"!!!  haha!!! knee slap!!

4 comments:

  1. I can relate myself totally in your situation. But mine was gallbladder stones, I was in so much pain way back 2011 and I can't believe I've been hospitalized for about more than 10 times in one year! My alternative bladder cancer treatment center doctor has been so worried about my condition then. Gladly, I overcome and get over the same. Thank God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had gallstones years ago. Why didn't they just take your gallbladder out. They took mine out.

      Delete
  2. Mine's like 2 pieces and about 0.6 and 0.04 in diameter I guess. It was so small and they thought it can still be removed through medications. Gladly, after taking strict medications, the pain just went away. And this is with strict diet as well, no more fatty foods for me ever since. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take a medication called Prevalite. It comes in a powder form and you mix it in water or juice. As long as I take it I can eat whatever I want. Without it I would have severe diarreah. You should seriously try it!

    ReplyDelete